Pages

Sunday, January 25, 2009

America's Next Top Model!!

This languid elderly woman is the one and only. . .Clara Wieck Schumann. Foxy! Well, the bottom line here is that she was a woman who overcame adversity to rise above the others and stand on top of the mountain of . .. .concert pianists. She was known for being really good at piano that's all I knew before looking her up, well that and the fact about her being Roberts wife and Brahm's homegirl. Alright, her music, not bad. I mean, it is not pushing any walls down, but it does sound rather nice. Her variations at times could be labeled as, "ear candy". As for her other pieces, I feel like they were what I was imagining them to be. Basically, nothing suprising, I knew it wouldn't be bad. Most good pianists know how to compose. Her music definitely has its place.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Actually, I like some of Clara's music more than Robert's. Let's not think of women as less relevant here just because they're women. :)

To hear recordings, visit ReverbNation by clicking the link below.

Julian%20Toha